Chromecast goes global with multiple new markets
Over on the Chrome blog, Google has announced the availability of the Chromecast in these lucky six countries which are some of the biggest users of online media in the world. Google have also done a little research on what users of the Chromecast in these countries might be casting:
- Australia: Aussies will be casting the latest antics from Rake available on Google Play.
- Belgium: In Belgium, comedy fans will be able to cast YouTube star Za Ka’s latest sketches.
- Japan: Japanese will be able to cast Golden Bomber’s rock pop hit. They’ll also be able to catch up on the latest movies and dramas using the d-Video app by NTT docomo.
- Korea: Koreans will be casting Cocomong, a super popular animation among kids. They’ll also be able to watch TV shows and movies from Tving and Hoppin.
- Portugal: Portuguese will be making homemade ice creams and chocolates after casting Sabor Intenso’s YouTube recipe tutorials.
- Switzerland: Swiss music fans will be using the best speakers in the house to listen to local star Bastian Baker.
Chromecast is open for developers around the world and supported apps look set to grow , which is excellent news for owners.