Popular file manager Solid Explorer gains Chromecast functions (Android)
Solid Explorer, a popular file managing application for Android, has been updated to include support for Chromecast. Available in free (14-day trial) and unlocked ($1.99) versions, the app lets users access and manage files on their Android devices. It’s not exactly Holo design language, but it does have a decent list of features: bookmarks, cloud storage account sync, FTP settings, and more.
To take advantage of the Chromecast integration you just need to download and install a separate plugin. You must first have the Solid Explorer app installed as there’s no way to launch the casting on its own.
Features of Solid Explorer
1. Two independent panels for browsing
2. Drag and Drop inside and between panels
3. FTP, SFTP, WebDav and SMB/CIFS clients
4. File sharing via FTP
5. Support for ZIP, TAR.GZ, TAR.BZ2 and RAR archives
6. Creating ZIP and TAR archives
7. Dropbox, Box, SkyDrive, GoogleDrive, Sugarsync, Copy, UbuntuOne, Mediafire, Owncloud (through WebDav), Yandex (through WebDav)
9. Root access
10. Indexed search
11. Detailed file and directory information